Thursday, May 27, 2010

Family, Photo's, and Fabulous Finds!


It's been pretty busy around my house for the past few weeks. My sister in law and her two daughters came down to visit us from Maryland. While she was here we cleaned out my mother-in-law's storage and retrieved lot's of family photo's, furniture and vintage goodies that we wanted to keep in the family.
We scanned lot's of pictures and gathered genealogy information and have been able to go back eight generations from my son. The photo above is of my husband's Grandmother Josephine when she was a girl. Isn't she lovely?
We also salvaged a lovely old dresser with matching vanity that belonged to my husbands Great Aunt. You can see a bit of it in these pictures. I am planning on putting it in our guest room.


I have lot's more to share with you when I have a bit more time.

Thank you for all the votes on the red handbag. Mildred will be the first one done in red. I have a bit of finishing to do on Joan and it will be up first. It is in black.
Till next time!!
~N

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, can't wait for the handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josephine was indeed lovely!

    That dresser and vanity are to die for. So glad you're keeping it and not pitching it, as most modern folk would do.

    ReplyDelete